Harry L. Campbell, 98, passed away on May 8, 2020 at Chapel Pointe, Carlisle, PA. Harry was originally from Ickesburg, PA where he spent his entire life. Born August 7, 1921, he was the son of the late Jay B. and Mary M. Campbell. Predeceasing him in death, on July 5, 1997, was his loving wife and business partner of 56 years, Dorothy Powell Campbell, his brother, Wilbur, of Halifax, PA and his sister, Anna Mae Kain of Newport. Harry was a 1940 graduate of Ickesburg High School.
Surviving Harry are his two sons, Dean and wife, Sharon Campbell, Camp Hill, and Dennis and wife, Libby Campbell, Elliottsburg and one daughter, Sandy and husband, Jim Havice, McClure. He is, also, survived by 5 grandchildren, David Campbell, Camp Hill, Jayme and husband Andy Slothower, Dillsburg, Angie and husband Andy Harrison, New Bloomfield, Jason and wife Rhonda Campbell, Elliottsburg, Jared and wife, Caitlin Campbell, Harrisburg, plus 7 great grandchildren, Charlie, Grace, Layne, Lauryn, Delaney, Eleanor and Graham. Also surviving is one brother, Dale Campbell, New Oxford and his very good friend, Mary Lou Orris, Ickesburg.
Harry owned and operated Campbell's Grocery and Hardware Store in Ickesburg for many years. Prior to that, he was employed by Montgomery Ward, Agway, Emlet Bros. and he, also, farmed and owned school buses for many years.
Harry was the last remaining Charter Member of the Ickesburg Lions Club, while holding many offices throughout the years. He was a former Bank Director of the Loysville First National Bank and PNC Bank, Loysville. Harry was, also, a former member of the Masonic Lodge, New Bloomfield. Harry had been a member of Faith United Church, formerly the Reformed Church of Ickesburg, his entire life.
A private graveside service will be held for immediate family, at the Newport Cemetery. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, a "Celebration of Life" Service will be held in his church at a later date. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions, in Harry's name, may be made to his church, Faith United Church, Ickesburg, PA or the Ickesburg Fire Company, Ickesburg. 17037